Stories and Sounds
2 to 4 years
Thursdays, 3:45 p.m. to 4:45 p.m.
Stories & Sounds is postponed for planning and redevelopment until mid-May 2020.
Please see our timetable for fun classes you can enjoy at home via 'ZOOM'!
This ‘toddlers-plus’ class is based on the power of storytelling, creating the perfect environment to improve vocabulary, language and communications skills, and increase confidence.
We use music, drama and craft time to promote confidence and learning, and to help children develop rapidly and happily.
Our charismatic teachers read one fabulous book every month. Over the weeks the children’s vocabulary and knowledge grows.
We use a special prop box and/or music/percussion box to add detail to each story, bringing the plot to life and taking the children on a great adventure.
This 60 minute class includes:
- Circle Time with key vocabulary and songs, to reinforce new words and learned phrases from the themed book
- Art & craft project
Example Class Schedule
- Opening Circle
- Kokomo song & Kokomo Game(to build recognition and repetition)
- Rhythm Song - very active i.e. running, jumping
- Mystery Sound Time:
Our mystery sound time revolves around our sound box or some great instruments and mini flashcards that fit the key words in the theme/story.
- Story Time: Teachers read and perform themed story
- Themed songs with props.
- Detailed/Themed Arts & Craft
- Final gym time
- Closing Circle