Day: Mondays - beginning September 30, 2019
4 to 7 Years: 3.00pm to 4.00pm
• Children may wear a Kspace T-shirt and sports bottoms for their initial trial class
• All enrolled course members are required to purchase a dogi from the sensei, approximately ¥5,000
• No skirts, tights, socks, shoes/footwear, nor jewelry
• Hair must be tied tightly back
• Our guest teachers request full payment in advance for the entire term
• We ask that students attend regularly
• Each child can take one single class paid trial
• No make-up lessons offered, for any reason nor alternative service credits
• You will not be charged of course for our closure dates
• Uniforms must be purchased at time of enrollment
We offer classes designed specifically for young children. Our teachers know how to apply the teaching so that it is fun and as safe as possible for learners in their formative stages.
This programme is recommended for boys and girls.
At this young age, we focus on the fundamentals aspects that will help prepare children for studying a life-long, enjoyable practice of Martial Arts. Karate will improve your child's balance, coordination, strength, physical and mental toughness, self-confidence, and discipline. Our aim is that through the practice of Karate students will enhance their understanding of:
- Mutual respect
- Consideration towards others
- Ability to contribute to the world
- Determination in all aspects of life
- The ability to better oneself
Sessions are a mixture of technique, free practice, physical fitness and combative games. Life skills such as manners, sharing, being patient, respecting others, and learning to control our bodies are discussed. Class time will include activities such as:
- Basic core exercises and drills for warning up/down
- How to approach an opponent
- Essential footwork, movements, and posture
- Grabbling, break-falling, rolling, throwing
- Basic Gymnastics
- Games to help the development of coordination.
All techniques are built on whilst learning the other elements of Karate, and of course safety is the first consideration with the children.
Sessions are a mixture of technique, free practice, physical fitness and combative games. Life skills such as manners, sharing, being patient, respecting others, and learning to control our bodies are discussed.