Day: Mondays - Course starts On September 4th, 2017
4 to 7 Years: 3.00pm to 4.00pm
All enrolled course members are required to purchase a Dogi from the sensei, usually costing ¥5,000 approx.
No skirts, tights, socks, shoes/footwear and jewelry.
No other form of dress is permitted. Hair must be tied tightly back.
Our guest teachers request full payment in advanace for the entire term.
Each child can take one single class paid trial.
To be part of the Karate class we ask for student-commitment:
- All fees are paid in blocks for the whole term. We can send you an invoice
- There are no make-ups at all. You will not be charged of course for our closure dates, but if your child is sick or absent there are no make-ups for any reason or alternative service credits
- Uniforms must be purchased at enrollment stage @ ¥5,000 each
We offer Shotokan classes designed specifically for young children. Our teachers, Sato and Shai sensei, know how to apply the teaching so that it is fun, and as safe as possible, for learners in their formative stages.
This programme is recommended for boys and girls.
We ask that students attend regularly.
At this young age, we teach fundamentals aspects that will help prepare children for studying a life-long, enjoyable practice of Martial Arts.
Teacher - Sato Sensei is a Shotokan Karate black belt with many years experience teaching in both English and Japanese. He is a Japanese national with 26 International School under his belt! His associate Shai sensei occasionally also teaches, and he is a 2nd Dan black belt.
Benefits - Karate will improve your child's balance, coordination, strength, physical and mental toughness, self-confidence, and discipline. Our aim is that through the practice of Karate students will gain an enhanced understanding of:
- Mutual respect
- Consideration towards others
- Ability to contribute to the world
- Determination in all aspects of life
- The ability to better oneself
Details – Our instructors have many years of experience! Sato sensei focuses on the basics of Karate before progressing to the technical elements. Children will learn:
- Basic core exercises and drills for warning up/down
- How to approach an opponent
- Essential footwork, movements, and posture
- Grabbling, break-falling, rolling, throwing
- Basic Gymnastics
- Ground work
- Games to help the development of co-ordination.
All techniques are built on whilst learning the other elements of Karate, and of course safety is the first consideration with the children.
Sessions are a mixture of technique, free practice, physical fitness and combative games. Life skills such as manners, sharing, being patient, respecting others, and learning to control our bodies are discussed.
Children will learn to bow coming in and out of the classroom and address the teacher as ‘Sensei’.