As well as being a very important life skill, gardening is an incredible amount of fun! Children love to dig, get their hands immersed in the earth and learn about growth.
Preschool and kindergarten ages are the perfect time to introduce children to gardening. You don't have to spend too much time to get the smallest 'green thumbs' excited about sprouting bulbs and shooting seeds.
Children also learn an increased vocabulary.
This wonderful Kspace course is designed to teach children:
• Responsibility – from caring for plants
• Self-confidence – from achieving their goals and enjoying the food they have grown
• Love of nature – a chance to learn about the outdoor environment in a safe and pleasant place
• Reasoning and discovery – learning about the science of plants, animals, weather, the environment, nutrition and simple construction
• Physical activity – doing something fun and productive
• Cooperation – including shared play activity and teamwork
• Nutrition – learning about where fresh food comes from and why it is important for us.