Word Wizards & Witches
Ages 4 to 6 years
Mondays 3:00pm to 4:00pm
A fun and interactive advanced phonics class for children aged 4 to 6 years.
If your child is learning to read at school or home, and could do with a little extra support – we have the perfect class for you!
Nobody knows how to get the children motivated and move them onto the next stage of learning quite like Kspace teachers do! Now, our reading specialists have designed a special intensive study plan for children aged 4-6, to review tricky reading concepts so that they really stick!
Reading is a skill that opens up our world and it is a real joy to watch your child pick up books and develop a passion for reading. Before you know it, they are reading everything around them and can interact in a totally different way.
Our specialists look at the naughtiest, trickiest combinations of letters (called the 5 key vowel digraphs) and whip up some magic spells to turn them into friendly little word fairies! Through drama, stories and explorations into poetry, riddles and rhymes, our teachers will take away the mystery of reading and help our little witches and wizards recognise tricky sounds as soon as they see them!
The children work on:
- Special 'Spell Books' which will include handwriting practice
- Secret poems based on the sound of the week
- Enjoyable games and activities such as 'Witches Word Cauldron' (this will contain the key words of the week) 'Magic Blackboard' (for some colourful writing practice) and 'Wizard Washing Line' (hanging the new sounds on a washing line to create as many words as they can)
- Magical interactive computer games to help them use the sounds properly
- Mystical fun with silly rhymes and sentences
This course helps children to feel confident in their reading, create a love of literacy, extend their own vocabularies and imaginations and build their confidence level.
We look forward to seeing you in the literacy corner!